Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kings!

It's amazing, but sometimes Danny and Isaac actually wear and play with the things I've made for them.

For about a month (last month), they were crazy into playing "kings". When they play "kings", they wear the felted birthday crowns I made for each of their last birthdays, have me tie the playsilks I dyed for Valentine's Day on them like capes, and then have me make scepters out of these crazy giant pipe cleaner things my grandma bought for them. 

This particular day, "kings" got a little too crazy while I was making dinner, and it was beautiful out, so I sent them outside to play, where they chased each other in circles for a good half-hour.


And, most of the time, the scepters end up being guns. These children to do not actually own a toy gun. I don't know what it is that makes them create guns out of everything: swords, food, scepters, wands, sticks--Isaac's recent favorite is to stick a crayon perpendicularly into a wad of clay, with the clay being the barrel, and the crayon, the handle.

You can tell in these last two pictures they are saying, "Shoot, shoot", which is what they say, instead of bam, boom, bang or what have you that you'd normally associate with shooting. Reminds me of The Tale of the Bunny Picnic, a movie my sis and I still love, in which the dog says, "Bark, bark" instead of actually making the noise...
Yes, they're shooting at me, and yes, they were both admonished NOT to shoot at people. To which they turn and shoot at Zeus. And then I say, "Not Zeus, either! Go find the cats!" Hahaha...of course I leave out the part about the cats :)

2 comments:

  1. Andrew loves his crown too! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a gun-obsessed boy. I tell Andrew he can only point the gun at something he will eat after he shoots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea, Christa! I'll have to use that one next time (probably today) that Isaac is "shooting" me or Danny.

    ReplyDelete